Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Optionals Spokesmodel!

Hi everyone!
  Okay so, obviously spokes model is the most hated optional (or at least the most feared) there is, which is obviously why I have to like it the best.

  Tips for spokes model 1)Look the part. Look put together and professional, because although NAM doesn't focus on appearances in anyway, looking professional, not like you just woke up (even though you probably did) is a big key. That means everything from perfect hair (not necessarily curled, but defiantly one hundred percent neat) to wearing heels and nylon.

  2) Be ready. You would be, or at least I am, surprised at how many girls not only don't memorize their script, but don't even look up once while reading it. EYE CONTACT IS CRUCIAL. I know it's scary, but seriously, there will be at least one girl who makes eye contact with the judges, and if she's the only one she'll win.

3) Have a CTA, and a what I am doing. A CTA is a call to action. Whether the topic is about a role model, or your community project, you need to have something to leave them to do, even if it's just, "So challenge yourselves to try to do your best at everything. CTA's are not required, but they add meaning to an otherwise pointless speech. Also you need to have a this is what I am doing. Both the girls who beat me mentioned what they were doing to help their "cause" even though they didn't both have causes. A this is what I am doing can be as simple as, "Every day I make it my goal to share a smile with a hurting person."

4) Perfect your walk. My interview heels are huge, and I made an awkward circle. That means the judges first impression was, she's awkward.  Walking is the easiest part, so practice it.

5) Be bold. In your word choice, in your stance.

6) Even if you aren't confident, pretend you are. Talk about something that matters to you, and make sure to remind yourself it's important so you need to present it as though it is.

  Well I hope you rock the speech contest (I sincerely hope you at least try it), I also hope you follow my blog. Even if you aren't on blogspot you can type your email into the box in the upper right hand corner, and you'll get a notification each time I add some awesome advice to this site (I plan on doing each optional!) You following me would be more radiant than the invention of the light bulb :)

Okay, this girl is probably too young to compete in spokesmodel, but she is so adorable.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment