Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Open Call- Info & a note to the parents,

Okay this is for all you girls who just got their letter and are frantically searching the web trying to find information about NAM (Or if you're a parent doing this). Step one is for you who have unconvinced parents. Go get them. I want to talk to them.

  Hi parents, how are you? I know you many have issues with the idea of having your daughter do a pageant. Especially if she's like four. Here is the official website.www.namiss.com I suggest you go to it and read up on it. The stuff is very basic, but will give you info.
  Now from someone who has don this already. They are very against anything immodest, and they are very careful to build you up, not tear you down. Everyone is really nice. If you have doubts or anything, just ask me, because this is something I can answer.
  Finally no one likes the pushy parent, help them, but don't be upset if they lose, and realize the girl who own is just better at what she did. Your daughter is better at somethings, and other people are better at some things. I'm sorry but deal with it, and be ready to let her try next year.

Here's a note for the girls who think they are to ugly/fat:
  I won't lie, being pretty/thin doesn't hurt, and I'm defiantly not perfect in those departments (foundation is  a miracle :) ) But that isn't what these people are looking for, and I think you have to be careful in Intro no to look "too pretty". There are plenty of girls I've seen win who are (my opinion only) less than average in the looks, and plenty of bigger girls as well. Do  it anyway, and even if you don't win it's a good confidence booster.

  So open call basics. Come in, fill out a "resume" which includes your activities and grades, blah blah, easy stuff. You will be brought into an interview room, and talk to one person. She will be looking at your resume and ask questions from that. You leave.
  They say only fifty percent of girls get in, but a lot more than that really do. I think as long as you make eye contact, keep your thoughts together, and don't wear jeans (I sincerely advise a skirt/dress) that you should get in. So relax and have fun.. Its basically practice for interview in the pageant. (Except in the pageant they don't even look twice at your resume.)
  Questions?
 
 Hi my name is Alicia, and for the first time I competed with National American Miss!!! And while my results were far from perfect, I am proud to say that I have won 2cd runner up in Spokes model and am trying to raise the money and go to California this November to give a speech. If you would like to help me you can donate at,
http://www.gofundme.com/34138o

No comments:

Post a Comment