Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Prep Session

I'm actually not sure if that's what it's called but if you qualify for the pageant (once you qualify you're a statee finalist for life, or until you marry, have a kid, or turn 21) you will then get to go to a session that will teach you the basics.
  Now remember this whenever you get any information from NAM, they tell you the bare minimum. From formal wear to interview they tell you very little, enough, but not much.
  What you will learn at the prep session, to walk with your arms lose and head up, those are the two main points they give you. (I'll do a more in depth session about all three categories later)
  You'll get to have a mock interview with other parents. This is nerve racking, but very useful.
  And finally you'll get to say something positive with the rest of the girls as personal intro practice. This is ridiculously not needed.
  By the time prep rolls around you will already need to know everything you want to do for optionals. I did casual wear, spokesmodel, photogenic, and actress. They have you sign up (not pay) for the optionals at prep session.
  What do you want to wear? Well if you want you can get dressed up, but most girls wore jeans and a nice shirt. (Annie Moore, the Jr.Teen queen wore a dress, and so did most of the speakers, but all the kids wore jeans.)
  My advice for everything that day is to just have fun, when you go be ready to meet new people and have fun.  Prep session is really easy

 Hi my name is Alicia, and for the first time I competed with National American Miss!!! And while my results were far from perfect, I am proud to say that I have won 2cd runner up in Spokes model and am trying to raise the money and go to California this November to give a speech. If you would like to help me you can donate at,
http://www.gofundme.com/34138o

No comments:

Post a Comment